Show off

I did something stupid tonight. Stupid and highly embarrassing, as is often the case with me.

Randall and I went on a date to mellow mushroom. Just for something to do as we waited for our food, I made a nifty little paper football out of the paper wrapper from around my silverware and napkin.

It was perfectly formed, tightly folded and neatly tucked in. I had no intentions of actually "kicking" it.

Randall made me do it.

That's not entirely true. But he did provide a little goal post with his thumbs and forefingers, and I couldn't resist such a temptation. The first kick flopped. It just fell lamely onto the table and skidded a few inches.

The second one, however, was... glorious. And long. Oops.

It began sailing in a perfect arch, directly through Randall's extended fingers, past his right ear- on onto the booth behind him.

My first instinct was to duck under the table, but I wasn't quick enough. I got halfway down, then decided it just wasn't worth it. I peeked one eye back over the table top just in time to see the two guys behind Randall look at my tiny little football, look at each other, then pick it up.

One of them turned around with a slightly disbelieving smirk on his face, and said "Nice shot. Would you like it back? It's a good one!"

He passed it back over to us as I turned approximately 16 different shades of red.

Then Randall proceeded to ping me in the face with a well aimed "kick" of my own paper football.

This is not the first time I have done this, by the way. You'd think I would have learned my lesson.

Comments

Randyjr7 said…
Hey! I didn't just ping you in the face out of nowhere; you did give me a goal to kick through. :) I love you.
One Busy Mom said…
Thanks for following my blog....let's keep in touch.

love you and miss you lots -

--b

Popular posts from this blog

Twice a Mother

Mother's Day

Six months